Monday, April 11, 2011

Awesome Date Night!


For Shane's 30th Birthday he received tickets from his parents to go see one of his all time favorite singers perform! The one and only....Mr. Tony Bennett!! So we made a MUCH needed date night out of it!
We went and ate at one of our favorite places 21 Ave. South Dive Bar and Smokehouse! We used to come and eat here a lot when we were dating and newly married. pre-kids! All we can say is "Yumm-O!"
After indulging on fish and oysters we headed over to the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital were our dear friends have a baby in the NICU. I can't even explain how great it felt to see my sweet Ginny! While sitting in the waiting room chatting I could not help but to get very emotional. It was so incredibly hard to see her so emotionally and physically drained:( She has literally been going non-stop since their baby Everley was born. Not to mention that they have two sweet girls at home!
After we left the hospital we went straight to the Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC).

When we walked in we noticed that we were by far the youngest folks there! HA!
My funny story for the night:
I ran to the restroom before Tony got on stage. Well it was one potty and I was 4th in line. The lady that was using the potty was elderly. She was in there for 17 mins. (yes I was watching the time) She comes out of the stall with her pants around her knees! She looked up and said
"I didn't want to make you ladies wait any longer!" needless to say all of us waiting got a good chuckle!

Tony did a WONDERFUL job! He sang all of our favorites including :"Cold, Cold Heart", "I Left my Heart in San Francisco", "The Best is Yet to Come", "Smile", "Steppin Out With My Baby", "The Way You Look Tonight", etc.
AND YES!!! he danced all over the place at the young age of 85! If you were to close your eyes, you'd think you were listing to him 30 years ago! His voice was PERFECT!
During the concert Shane leaned over to me and said..."It feels like we are watching history." I totally agreed!
Directly in front of our seats was.....?can you tell by this picture?
Write me and tell me who you think this is...

Thank you Nino and Joe Joe for our awesome night...and for the baby sitting! Shane and I had an amazing time!




2 comments:

Britt said...

Winona Judd?

Thomas, Becca, and Bailey said...

Is that Wynonna Judd sitting in front of you???