Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Need your feedback please...

Have any of you gals used the Moby wrap yet? I've heard a lot of people like them but I've not heard why? They look a little intimidating to me... I'm scared that our little guy will be too hot in one, maybe wait until Oct.? They look great for cleaning house and going to the store. I do like that fact that it fits well for newborns and prewalking toddlers. Tell me what you think...


Also I'm in need of a good diaper bag. You really do end up using them for about three years so I don't mind paying a little more for a good one. I LOVED Madelyn's Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag! It held up really well! I would have used it with this baby but its bright pink with a mommy/baby bird on it. I don't think it's too fitting for a boy! HA!

I found a company called Bumble Bags that I really like. Their bags remind me a lot of Maddies baby bag (they way their built). They are also a little cheaper then PPB. I think it may be our winner. It's the Jessica Messenger Backpack and the pattern is called Buttercup Bliss. What I love about it is that mom can wear it as a strap bag or add the backpack feature when her hands are full. Also the changing pad zips right off of the side for use. Both of these features were on Maddie's bag and loved it!

Tell me what baby bags you use and if you liked them!





Another item I'm needing before baby gets here is a new bouncy seat. Madelyn bouncy seat turns into a rocking chair which she uses everyday so I very well can't take it back and turn it back into a bouncy seat for Murphy. I keep looking for good one but I want to know what you moms thought about the bouncy seats that you used. You end up using them a lot so I need a good one!
These are Amazon's Top picks which means they had the best ratings from moms. What did you use/ are using?




4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hey! I really don't have good opinions because I have not used the Moby and did not end up with a Bumble Bag I ended up with a Kalencom like Jenny's, but thought I'd give ya my two cents because I recently almost bought a Moby and the Bumble bag was in my top 2 choices. Haha. I actually borrowed y'alls Hot Sling to see what I thought because I was looking at getting either that or the Moby. I might would have chosen the Moby over the sling in terms of versatility, material, and the way it fits. I just don't know how difficult it is to put on. (I had trouble with the hot sling and felt like it was too tight). I remembered I had a Baby Bjorn and finally tried it and decided it was real easy to put on and worked for what I would need it for, so ended up with neither of the other 2. But I've heard really good things about the Moby wrap. And I love love love that Bumble Bag you picked out! That's going to be my next bag. Maybe a Christmas gift. I went with the Kalencom only because it was cheaper. Can't wait to meet Murphy! It's getting so close!

l cummins said...

Don't know anything about wraps and am a fan of having a diaper bag for every occasion, but I do know that Harper loved her Boppy bouncy seat. It laid back more than most which was helpful for when she was a newborn. Be sure to check it out!

Angela said...

I used a Moby wrap with Cooke and loved it! It was great when he was a teeny tiny cuddly baby... but he was a March baby and I do think that both you and Murphy will be hot using it in the middle of the summer. It would probably be fine in the a/c though. I did not think it was too hard to use once you practice a few times. It's great for around the house or going one place but not so much for running errands when you're getting in and out of the car a lot. I used mine for about 3 months and then moved on to the Baby Bjorn. You are more than welcome to use mine to see if you like it, just let me know! It's light blue, pretty for mommy and baby :)

Rachel said...

Hey, Rachel Hawkins here. I stalk you and keep up with you through your sweet sisters.

As for that wrap- it does look a bit intimidating. It seems hot for you too. With Hill I use the baby bjorn and LOVE it. I clean the house or grocery shop and now that he's out of his car carrier because that weighs 200 lbs I use the bjorn more and more. He likes to see out and what's going on facing forward, but when he's sleepy I can turn him around on my chest and he will sleep.

As for the bouncy - We may have the same one Madelyn has where it turns into a rocking chair? We like that one I think it's a fisher price. Here is what we have http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fisher-Price-Infant-to-Toddler-Rocker/8072092?wmlspartner=GPA&sourceid=44444444440331536364

In your search think about him having something to look at hanging from above but that it is removable as well. Sometimes I just want the seat to lay him in and not the attached toys in his face.

As for diaper bag, that is neat how it zips right off the side. PPB is a great brand.
Good luck! Time is nearing and I'm not sure who is more excited. You or Lauren!