Tuesday, June 15, 2010

crafts and such...

Murphy's room is SO close to being done!! While Maddie has been in MS with my parents we have gotten a lot done! I went and bought ugly blue wooden frames from Jo-Anns for 50% off which made then $9.99 a piece. I also grabbed a clear crackle finish and white paint. Had I known that it was SO easy, I would have started doing the crackle finish on more things...LOVE IT!!!(close up of crackle finish)
I had to make Maddie a big sis shirt!
Burp clothes for baby Murphy...just learned how to do this so it's not the best looking job;)
Finished the blanket. I love the colors and I think it helps tie in the yellow that is in the yellow minky material in the bedding. (Thank You my sweet Granny for showing me how to crochet!)
I used Sarabeth to write out the bible verse bunny. She did a great job. I bought the matte and frame at Jo-Anns (both 50% off...I love a deal and coupons!) I went back and added the polka dots on the matte.
Shane and dad painted the table. It was an ugly blue-green color before. It is now a slate blue with cream that was distressed. Thanks guys!

~As much as bed rest can be a little aggravating,
I'm definitely finding ways to keep busy while sitting!
Shane always calls me a "busy body" so this has really slowed my pace..I'm just like my dad!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your craftiness - I so wish I could do things like this! Murphy's room is going to be adorable!

Thomas, Becca, and Bailey said...

Great job! You have been very crafty. Murphy's room is so cute. Thinking about you and hoping you are doing well. Have a great weekend!