Monday, June 7, 2010

33 wks and more hospital visits...

We are 82.5% of the way there!

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.


I know that you guys might be wondering what's going us with us! First let me catch you up.

~Thursday morn. Woke up VERY tired. Ate breakfast and went right back to bed. Woke up, felt really exhausted, dizzy, and was having hot flashes. Gave Lauren a call and told her what I was feeling. She asked me if she thought I could drive then said to get my BP checked now. I drove to CVS where the nurse practitioner took my blood pressure. It was 160/90. I've never had high blood pressure at all, not even with Maddie! Called doctor, and went to hospital. Fetal Non-Stress test, took blood, urine, etc. Baby looked good though! Was told to go get my blood pressure taken by my OBGYN the following day.

~Friday morn. Went and saw OBGYN. Blood pressure looked...umm okay but not great. He was able to confirm that baby did indeed turn head down. Told me to take it easy all weekend, watch what I eat, and drink lots of water.

~Sunday morn. went to Sunday school. Had hot flashes and felt really dizzy and exhausted. Went to CVS. BP was 138/95. The bottom # was concerning. Called doctor. Went right back to the hospital. Fetal non-stress test, blood work, urine, reflexes, etc. Baby still looked good and my blood pressure was looking better.
(not how we wanted to spend Madelyn's 3rd b-day)

(inhale now)

~We went and saw Dr. Draughn this morning. BP was a little high. I did not feel well either. Found trace amounts of protein in urine, baby sounded good-heart rate was 136. Measured at 36 wks.
Little to no swelling on ankles and hands. I've been put on modified bed rest:(
(I kinda knew this might be the case...) He said to get what I needed to get done in the morning then rest in the afternoon.

Things we have to look out for:
~swelling
~rapid weight gain (I haven't gained any in the last 2 weeks)
~proteins in urine
~headaches
~blurred vision
~dizzy
~hot flashes
~extreme fatigue

Hopefully everything will go well for now on.

3 comments:

andreabrosto said...

Oh no!!! I know how scary that is! I developed preeclamsia at week 39 (my bp was 150/90 along with the protein and swelling), so they went ahead and delivered Luke. It wasn't a fun experience. Definitely take this time to get some rest--if that's possible with a 3 year old!

Amy Sentell said...

You hang in Nat! A sweet little boy will be in your arms before you know it! We love you and are praying for your whole family!

Adrienne said...

I'll be thinking about you. Keep us posted! I know how scary that can be, but definitely keep an eye on those symptoms. It can be scary. You seem to be good about going to the hospital/doctor if something seems wrong. It takes a lot for me to do that! Stay well rested! And thanks so much for dinner a couple of weeks ago. It was delicious!