We are 80% of the way there!By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.
We're back from the beach....The baby was very busy all the way home. So much so that it caused 9 contractions! I'm thinking that he either turned or made some major attempts. I've never felt anything like this! He was busy for 2 hrs, making mommy very uncomfortable. but...if that is what it took for baby to turn then he can go right ahead. I had to come home, take Tylenol and go right to bed. My tummy muscles are SO sore now! Now I'm just waiting to feel little feet...
Once we got there, they hooked me up. Baby was being very still for the first 30 min. The nurse came back in and gave me a Sprite to drink. The sugar in it should make baby move. Sure enough about 15 mins. later baby starts playing with the tummy monitors! While I was there the screen showed that I was having a few contractions. My uterus is still upset at all the action he did yesterday! Baby looks good though. The nurse did say that it looks like he did turn head down. She found the best heartbeat at the bottom of my tummy which means he is most likely head down. My next Dr. appointment is next Monday so we'll see then!
Shane and I are calling him our drama baby!



0 comments:
Post a Comment