Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Riding My Tricycle and Such

We've really been enjoying every minute of the cool weather! Madelyn and Elsie want to stay outside!Shane and I have been working on teaching Maddie how to ride her tricycle. She understands that she has to push the pedals but she does not understand that they need to make a full rotation. She gets the right pedal to go all the way up then pushes back down in the same direction....The pedals never make a full cycle around;)


Other news...Our friend Brad from San Antonio has come to same with us for a month while he is doing an internship at Vanderbilt University. He is working in Pediatrics with the infectious disease team. Brad wanted me to take this picture to show his wife a picture of Elsie. (I told him how to get her to put her front paws on his shoulders.)
Brad got to our house on Sunday afternoon...After diner I told Madelyn to go to our bathroom so she could get a bath. She ran into my bedroom without the light on and ran into our bed foot post with her face! She was screaming and blood was going everywhere! I grabbed her up and ran into the hallway where Shane and Brad met me. After cleaning the blood up enough to see, Brad took a look at her mouth. She had busted her top lip on the inside and the outside and on top of that she ripped the piece of skin that connects your top lip to your gums..(OUCH!) Good news is though, Madelyn did not need stitches nor did she lose her front teeth!!! By Wed. it was looking a lot better! (Good things there's a doc in the house)!

Also Jenny and I came up with the idea for a Halloween shirt. It's a black and white Damask kitty with an orange bow. I think it turned pretty cute without being overly Halloween.
In this picture Maddie was mad at me for putting jeans on her...2 year old...

0 comments: