Things that I love about Madelyn at this age:
~She sings herself to sleep(it last about 15-20 mins) Our alarm clock in the morning is our daughter singing! We hear it over our monitor.
(by the way she still gets up between 8:00 to 8:30!)
~She prays A LOT! She starts off by saying "derh Gaud"(very guttural sounding)
she does this while her hands are together and is peeking all around the room!
She may pray 4 or 5 rounds a night!
(many of us included in these prayers may need it this many times!)
~She loves Mary Poppins! She calls her "Maer Hoppins"
~She calls yogurt "ice cream" She made this up herself...and I've not tried to tell her otherwise!
~ She'll ask "Otay Mommy? Otay?" while patting my back
(she is showing concern. It makes her feel better to know that everyone is happy)
~Walks like a cowboy when she is "dirty"!(We're working on the potty thing)
~I love watching her roll play with her animals! She puts them to bed (a shoebox) then places a blanket (piece of fabric) on them!
~She'll go into my closet and puts on my high hills. It's just too cute! She's practiced so much, she's probably better than I am wearing them! HA!
~Her favorite thing to eat right now is peanut butter and jelly.
She'll sing the song while eating it!
~I think it's funny when she hollers "LOOK Momma, Ticky Mouse!" while standing in line at the grocery store! Everyone turns and grins at us;)
{side note: I believe that she could say "Micky" but I like hearing "Ticky" too much to correct her!}
~Tries to talk me into going outside by saying
"Outside in a little bit, eh hem"{you can tell what she's been told SO many times}
~Funny Story: Maddie and I were leaving Publix(grocery store) and had a young fellow to push our buggy to the car. (Madelyn was sitting in the child's seat in the buggy) I am walking along side them and she looks up at me and says
"Bad Guy, Momma!" (with a very strait and serious face)
the guy understood her and just laughed. I assured her that he wasn't...
On the flip side, she IS a 2 year old and there ARE things that drive me nuts!
~She kicks and stomps at the cat!...poor Miles...{She has yet to be scratched...a miracle in itself!}
~She has Minitis {This is an episode on Sesame Street} Everything is "MINE!"
~She can be really loud in the car and tries to overpower whomever is talking .
~Dumps Elsie's water all over the carpet!(This only happened twice before she figured out it was a big NO NO!) I still catch her playing in her water though...
~One day she decided that her art work should be in our bedroom too. She found some bright rose lipstick (still have NO clue where it came from)
and smeared it on the wall and carpet behind the rocking chair!
{two bottles of stain remover and it's still there...not bad though}
~She is VERY independent!!!
-won't hardly let me help her brush her teeth
-she likes to buckle herself in(bad if we're in a hurry)
-won't hold my hand in parking lots/ public places
-Hates changing clothes
-Hates having her hair brush (you should see it in the morning)
At the end of the day Shane and I peek at her sleeping in her bed and know that we are truly blessed that we have a happy, healthy, very energetic daughter that we can't imagine our lives without!
~She sings herself to sleep(it last about 15-20 mins) Our alarm clock in the morning is our daughter singing! We hear it over our monitor.
(by the way she still gets up between 8:00 to 8:30!)
~She prays A LOT! She starts off by saying "derh Gaud"(very guttural sounding)
she does this while her hands are together and is peeking all around the room!
She may pray 4 or 5 rounds a night!
(many of us included in these prayers may need it this many times!)
~She loves Mary Poppins! She calls her "Maer Hoppins"
~She calls yogurt "ice cream" She made this up herself...and I've not tried to tell her otherwise!
~ She'll ask "Otay Mommy? Otay?" while patting my back
(she is showing concern. It makes her feel better to know that everyone is happy)
~Walks like a cowboy when she is "dirty"!(We're working on the potty thing)
~I love watching her roll play with her animals! She puts them to bed (a shoebox) then places a blanket (piece of fabric) on them!
~She'll go into my closet and puts on my high hills. It's just too cute! She's practiced so much, she's probably better than I am wearing them! HA!
~Her favorite thing to eat right now is peanut butter and jelly.
She'll sing the song while eating it!
~I think it's funny when she hollers "LOOK Momma, Ticky Mouse!" while standing in line at the grocery store! Everyone turns and grins at us;)
{side note: I believe that she could say "Micky" but I like hearing "Ticky" too much to correct her!}
~Tries to talk me into going outside by saying
"Outside in a little bit, eh hem"{you can tell what she's been told SO many times}
~Funny Story: Maddie and I were leaving Publix(grocery store) and had a young fellow to push our buggy to the car. (Madelyn was sitting in the child's seat in the buggy) I am walking along side them and she looks up at me and says
"Bad Guy, Momma!" (with a very strait and serious face)
the guy understood her and just laughed. I assured her that he wasn't...
On the flip side, she IS a 2 year old and there ARE things that drive me nuts!
~She kicks and stomps at the cat!...poor Miles...{She has yet to be scratched...a miracle in itself!}
~She has Minitis {This is an episode on Sesame Street} Everything is "MINE!"
~She can be really loud in the car and tries to overpower whomever is talking .
~Dumps Elsie's water all over the carpet!(This only happened twice before she figured out it was a big NO NO!) I still catch her playing in her water though...
~One day she decided that her art work should be in our bedroom too. She found some bright rose lipstick (still have NO clue where it came from)
and smeared it on the wall and carpet behind the rocking chair!
{two bottles of stain remover and it's still there...not bad though}
~She is VERY independent!!!
-won't hardly let me help her brush her teeth
-she likes to buckle herself in(bad if we're in a hurry)
-won't hold my hand in parking lots/ public places
-Hates changing clothes
-Hates having her hair brush (you should see it in the morning)
At the end of the day Shane and I peek at her sleeping in her bed and know that we are truly blessed that we have a happy, healthy, very energetic daughter that we can't imagine our lives without!



0 comments:
Post a Comment