O-what a emotional day it was for Madelyn and Mommy! I cried the night before thinking about Madelyn afraid and scared and not knowing a single person! She is no longer going to a sweet little church school where I know everyone and know that she will be just fine...I had my moment and now I'm fine....but just remember...I'm pregnant...I cry over EVERYTHING right now! I honestly feel a little crazy. I even cry while watching the Olypics which I've been doing everyday! ...I cry every time someone gets the Gold Metal....whats funny is I even boo-hoo when OTHER countries get the gold! Its just the look on their faces of sheer JOY! I cry every time:-)
Madelyn was so super excited the night before and morning of school! She loved trying on her school uniforms. We had gone to open house to meet her new teacher and visit her room. Her teacher's name is Mrs. Adamczyk and is so cute and sweet!
When we dropped Madelyn off we all walked her in. She was checking out everything in the room. She even found her chair with her name on it! Then it was time to go...She held on to my arm as hard as she could...I could tell she was very unsure and didn't want to see us go. I let her know that we would pick her up before lunch. (it was a half-day) She continued to hold on to my arm tighter and tighter...I would have given anything to scoop her up and run out the door with my precious child....instead I told Shane that if there wasn't going to be crying that I had to go stand in the hallway. He consoled her and she stayed in her chair like a big girl and let her daddy leave the room....
I am happy to report that she has finished two half days and two full days and is doing very well. She loves her teacher and has even made a few friends. If you know Madelyn, you know that she hates loud sounds...She came home after the first full day and told me the she cried during lunch...She said that the lunch cafeteria scared her. I figure that it's because its kinda loud and there's a lot going on. She said that Mrs. Adamczyk came up to her and hugged her and told her that it was alright to be scared. I'm very grateful that her new teacher is so loving.
(The two pictures below are from Open House)
I just know we are going to have a good year and that my very bright and beautiful daughter is going to learn SO much! I'm also thrilled that she is just 1 min from my house:-)



0 comments:
Post a Comment