Thursday, August 23, 2012

15 Weeks

 This pregnancy has been completely different all together. We've already seen this baby twice via ultrasound. Once at 6wks 5days because of odd pains in lower right abdomen.(doc wanted to rule out ectopic pregnancy...which obviously it was not) We got to see the beginning of a heart beating...To see this was just amazing! The tech said the heart had started beating within the last 24 hours!!

The second time was at 9wks 5days. My doctor could not find a heartbeat with the Doppler. It was easily found on ultrasound and baby was doing just fine. Babies heart was beating at 176! Really fast but normal for that small.Madelyn and Murphy were with us. Madelyn thought it was amazing to see our "Gummy Bear!"This babe was hopping all over the place!

This mama is so super excited to finally move into the 2nd trimester(happened at 13 wks)! I have been pretty sick with this baby...With Madelyn I had just a few waves of nausea. With Murphy I never threw up but felt sick for about 3-4 weeks. With this baby I have been vomiting several times a day! At 12 weeks is when it finally started to leave...shew! It was pretty bad at times. Poor little Madelyn saw everything too.. I would turn green and start gagging then run for the bathroom...Smells and heat is what usually triggered it...I have now thrown up in the bathrooms of restaurants all because a waiter walks by with another tables food! I did very little cooking this summer...and cleaning for that matter....My sweet hubby would walk through the door everyday from work and just smile then start cleaning something...I felt so bad:-( And through all that I wouldn't have changed a thing! God is amazing...just amazing. Nausea is a great sign that baby is alive and doing well!(after having a miscarriage in May, I needed this reassurance:-) God is GOOD!

At 13 wks 5 days I went to another OB visit. It was our very first time to finally hear this babys heartbeat!! It was such a relief for both Shane and I!! Tears streamed down my face as I heard the heart beating at 150-152 beats per minute!

A fun fact about this baby's due date: It has Shanes original due date!!! Nino was due with Shane on Valentines day! Shane ended up coming a few weeks early on January 28. We're hoping this baby could share a birthday with his/her daddy!

At our last doc visit we scheduled our next visit which will be the anatomy scan ultrasound. Shane and I have already decided to find out what sex this baby is. Not sure why but we both have zero desire to wait:-) Little refresher: We didn't find out with Madelyn, we did with Murphy. To be completely honest it was fun both ways!! Mothers intuition is 2 for 2 so we shall see! Right now I have a strong feeling that this is another......:-) I'll let you know what I think in a few weeks. I'm kinda basing this a little off of baby movement...Madelyn was sweet and calm inside. Murphy on the other hand acted crazy busy ALL THE TIME!!! I started feeling this baby around 14wks 2 days. Although Dr. Draughn believes I might have an anterior placenta with this baby which makes it harder to feel movement and also the reason he had a hard time finding heartbeat with Doppler. I felt Murphy for the first time a little after 12 wks 6 days. Madelyn was 16 wks 5days.

I will start posting tummy progression photos next week. Although I should say that I'm showing sooner  and sooner with every baby! My poor tummy muscles are just shot I guess:-)




0 comments: