Yep, ahem, that's right! I decided that I'm going to make most of Murphy's baby food. Baby food is kinda expensive and I like to know what I'm putting into my child's food. Little man still does not like a lot of baby food. I'm thinking that it's because of its consistency. He still gags at it. So I started giving him some of the foods that we were having for dinner. For example, we ate butter beans a week ago. I smooshed them between my fingers and put it in his mouth...He LOVED them and begged for more! We've done this with several other things and noticed that he simply hated the food to be pureed!
Funny thing I found out with our little man is that he loves bananas when I dice them but when they've been pureed he gags so much that he literally throws up!
So this is why I am using the baby mill and not puree it.
Funny thing I found out with our little man is that he loves bananas when I dice them but when they've been pureed he gags so much that he literally throws up!
So this is why I am using the baby mill and not puree it.
So far we have found that he likes:
~turkey~chicken~butter beans~black beans(his fav.)~cheese~carrots
~sweet potatoes~mac and cheese~sweet peas~peaches~bananas~squash
~zucchini~and mashed potatoes
His absolute favorite food is still nursing;) so I always nurse him before he eats real food.
I do this also to keep my production up and because my milk provides so much more than any foods can.
According to the Iowa Extension Service, every teaspoon of breast milk has 3,000,000 germ killing cells in it; so if a baby gets even one tsp. a day, it is very valuable!
~turkey~chicken~butter beans~black beans(his fav.)~cheese~carrots
~sweet potatoes~mac and cheese~sweet peas~peaches~bananas~squash
~zucchini~and mashed potatoes
His absolute favorite food is still nursing;) so I always nurse him before he eats real food.
I do this also to keep my production up and because my milk provides so much more than any foods can.
According to the Iowa Extension Service, every teaspoon of breast milk has 3,000,000 germ killing cells in it; so if a baby gets even one tsp. a day, it is very valuable!
I have yet to try to make fruit baby food...any comments or suggestions...
Also want to Thank Meaghan Payne for encouraging me to do this!



2 comments:
I started making my third baby's food too, and we both loved it! good for you! I used the book "super baby food"
This is awesome:) I remember the days of storing that liquid gold! Great stash you have...
Post a Comment