Monday, January 11, 2010

A visit to to ER/ wk12


We're 30.7% of the way there!
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, its toes will curl, its eye muscles will clench, and its mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. Baby Iveys intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and its kidneys will begin excreting urine into its bladder.

We have had crazy week so far! I was sick Monday night with the stomach virus (YUCK!) I ended up calling Dr. Draughn (my OBGYN) to see what he thought that I should do. He said that he highly recommended me going to get iv fluids in case I were really dehydrated. Shane and I dropped Maddie off at Nino's house and headed for the Baptist Hospital. The Dr. wanted to make sure baby was okay so he brought in a small sonogram to scan the baby. It was the first time we've gotten to see this little peanut!!! Baby Ivey was jumping all over the place! We saw its head, torso, two tiny arms, two tiny legs, and even its cord! and yep....We shed a few~! The ER Dr. thought that I would only need one bag of fluids but after the first liter he gave me a second. I could tell a huge difference. I'm just happy all of the is over with and I know Shane is too! whew!!! I jokingly told him that he would make a great male nurse!!
Feeling MUCH better!
If you had been 12 wks pregnant, vomiting and had the unmentionables for the last 9hrs, you'd look like this too;)
(Shane insisted I post this picture!)


2 comments:

Matt and Jenny said...

That picture cracks me up. All I can say is, "Bless your heart!" Ha!

The Yates Family said...

bless your heart! i feel your pain! I vomited every 3-4hrs for 6 months with Evan:( AND FYI-I craved FRUIT with him...i craved everything healthy with him...milk, orange juice, salad and fruit...LOL (so maybe you craving fruit means you'll have a BOY!). Everyone thought i was being "health conscious" but i REALLY did crave it!
I'm so proud of Shane-he is a GREAT daddy!!!
Glad you are feeling better!!!