Monday, January 25, 2010

14 wks


We are 35% of the way there!!
This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck its thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, its facial muscles are getting a workout as its tiny features form one expression after another. Babys kidneys are producing urine, which releases into the amniotic fluid around him/her — a process it'll keep up until birth. He/she can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch the baby sucking its thumb.
In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, baby measures 3 1/2 inches (about the size of a lemon) and it weighs 1 1/2 ounces. His/her body's growing faster than its head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, its arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of its body. (Its legs still have some lengthening to do.) It's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over its body. Your baby's liver starts making bile this week — a sign that it's doing its job right — and its spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells. Your little baby hands and feet (which now measure about 1/2 inch long) are becoming more flexible and active.

~I had a few fun baby things happen this week...I felt our baby move at
12 wks and 3 days and have been feeling it 2-3 times everyday ever since! Very early...I know! If you know me, you know that I LOVE feeling baby's movement more than anything! That is what I missed the most about being pregnant with Madelyn...O-yeah and just FYI, I felt Madelyn at 16
wks and 4 days. So this baby is really on the move! HA! ~On Wednesday night at church I got my first baby belly rub by Mrs. Linda Hardeman! (you made my week!) For some reason that makes this pregnancy a little "more real" for me! so...Thank you Mrs. Linda!
I also had a Dr. appointment today with Dr. Draughn. Baby's heart rate was 160 and sounded great! We go back on March the 1st to get our "big" ultrasound.
#1 We are praying that baby is healthy and is growing well!
#2 Shane and I are still undecided if we are going to find out the baby's sex or not. We did not find out with Madelyn which was SO much fun. I never had a doubt in my mind what Maddie was though! Call it motherly instinct! I've really not gotten that vibe from this baby though.hum..Let me know what you think...We have 5 weeks to figure things out.

Madelyn getting ready to be a "big sista"!So far so good...

2 comments:

Matt and Jenny said...

You know our vote.....
DON'T FIND OUT!

It's the best surprise EVER!! But we'll love yall either way :)

Unknown said...

hahaha and see i am right opposite. I found out with BOTH of mine, but i am not someone who could handle the intensity and curiousity of that kind of surprise...LOL! also, i am a major planner, and even though i prob def could have handled not knowing what Evan was, i HAD to know what ella was simply because i wanted to know what i could REuse and i did not what a gender neutral theme going if it was going to be a girl!...insane i know...LOL

And i totally felt Ella move at 12-13wks, so thats wonderful that baby ivey numero deux is letting you know they are around already!!!! It was my fav part too1 such a sweet sweet feeling!

Also, like you, I knew from day 1 it seemed that Evan was a BOY! but with Ella i had no clue, no gut feeling at all...i had kind of put in my head that she was a boy- moreless bc i didnt want to get to excited to think it was a girl and it not be.. (although i would have been extactic either way)...i found she was a girl on my birthday 2007...and i made them REcheck everytime they did a sonogram to make sure the gender didn't "change" hahahaha!!!!

Soo happy for you- and love reading your updates!!!! Thanks for sharing...you, shane and Jenny will prob be excited to read the news on MY blog as well...heeheehee

Mandi