Thursday, December 4, 2008

"This Little Monkey climbed over the side of her bed and bumped her Head!"

(BEFORE)
Wed. afternoon I put Madelyn down for her nap. 10 mins. later I hear a loud thud...then crying. Sure enough she had climbed over the side! Shane and I gave her a quick look over before we picked her up to make sure nothing was broken.(Thank God nothing was!) I had seen her try to climb to the top before Thanksgiving but I thought to myself, lets change it to a toddler bed after Christmas. Wednesday night we changed it.
Madelyn was "helping" her daddy.
She wanted to check it out before Shane was even finish!
That night we put her to bed, tucked her in and said a prayer, then left the room, leaving the door slightly cracked. Shane and I went back into the den to watch TV. 2 mins. later we hear a pitter patter coming down the hall way! So we took her back to her bed and closed the door all the way. We went back to the den and not 1 min later we heard a LOUD banging. She must have grabbed her pacie in her hand and was hitting the door! We waited 20 mins after the loud bangs to go peek in. I thought I might find her curled up on the floor asleep. When I went in she was in her bed with her Zoe puppet in one arm and her silky blanket in the other. She slept through the night!!! I never expected it to be this easy! I think it was harder for me and Shane because changing her bed means we no longer have a baby... We both got a little teary...
(AFTER)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SO SWEET! It looks presh!

Marie said...

Oh my goodness... a toddler bed. Say it isn't so. She is growing up so fast!
I LOVE the picture of her on the top of the blog. So precious.