There are SO many reasons to continue exclusively breastfeeding Murphy.
- ~Delaying solids gives baby greater protection from illness.
- ~Delaying solids gives baby's digestive system time to mature
- ~Delaying solids decreases the risk of food allergies.
- ~Delaying solids helps to protect baby from iron-deficiency anemia.
- ~Delaying solids helps to protect baby from future obesity.
- ~Delaying solids helps mom to maintain her milk supply.
- ~Delaying solids makes starting solids easier.
1. I LOVE to Nurse him and he l.o.v.e.s to nurse!
2. It is the food God intended for my baby.
3. Breastfeeding is a time for me to sit down, relax and enjoy my baby.
4. No bottles or pump parts to clean and sanitize.
5. At five months old, Murphy knows what the unclicking of the nursing bra means.
6. Breastfed babies are physically incapable of overeating.
7. It makes me feel good to know I am providing my babies with the best nutritional start in life.
8. Scientists still do not fully understand all components of breastmilk.
It is amazing stuff that can not be perfectly duplicated.
9. Breastfeeding bonds me even closer to my babies.
I am truly Murphy's everything.
Here are a few more pictures of poor Murphy trying desperately to get away from the spoon!
Poor little guy...He won't have to worry about it for a while now...I guess we'll try again in about 2 weeks.
Here are a few more pictures of poor Murphy trying desperately to get away from the spoon!
Poor little guy...He won't have to worry about it for a while now...I guess we'll try again in about 2 weeks.
I found Murphy's first tooth on Wed. 1-12-2011(5 months 3 weeks old)!
An entire month an a half before Maddie got her first tooth...geez...



5 comments:
We've been battling this, too! Our pediatrician says that all babies need is breast milk for the first year of life. He doesn't even recommend starting until 6 months. He told me that starting rice cereal before 6 months was just for "bragging rights." No worries - we can't "brag" around our house either:) .
Little Murphy looks perfectly healthy and happy! Go MOM!!:)
Lillian was 6 1/2 months old before we attempted cereal! She had only exclusively had breast milk before then. She actually enjoyed it the first time and was looking at me like "why have you been holding out on me all this time?" HAHA. Every baby is different and will do things on their own time. We still don't do a ton of baby food and she will be 9 months soon. She loves my milk the best and refuses bottle and sippy cups. I have been trying water in her sippy cup but she mainly enjoys using it as a teething toy! Murphy is adorable and will find his own way with food!
Jennifer Warren Welch
great post! I nursed will until he was 21 months old. he never even remembered it, even a month later. people thought I was crazy. towards the end I just kept it a secret, but he NEVER got a single ear infection, has only been on antibiotics once in his entire life and that was last week when he had walking pneumonia. I nursed Walker for a year and he just wasn't interested anymore and was more bonded with his paci than me. there is just nothing sweeter than nursing a baby. i don't know if i will ever have the chance again, but i will always cherish that time.
We didn't start solids until right at 6 months either and even then he had no interest in the cereal. I tried it mixed with breast milk and then pear juice with no luck, so then we tried oatmeal. He still didn't care for it, so we just wares a few more weeks and moved on to bananas, then sweet potatoes, squash, etc. And he liked them better than cereal, but it still took him 2 or 3 weeks before he'd eat more than a few bites. I still nursed him 4x per day (and he actually ate a snack occasionally at night until 7 or 8 months) until just passed a year. I kept nursing him at bedtime and morning until 15 months. And while some babies wean themselves, I'm pretty sure mine would have kept on as long as I let him. And I was worried about the transistion to whole milk, but he loves it!
good for you! besides a snack here and there (like some snap pea crisps in church) nora pretty much exclusively breast fed the first year...it's just been the past month that she has been interested in eating at meal times...and nursing is still her most favorite...
Post a Comment