
We are 60.4% of the way there!
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
In the past month I have pulled my lower tummy muscle twice! It hurts for the next 5 days when this happens. I've been talking to friends who have used belly bands. Some of them really hated them and others LOVED them and could not imagine their pregnancy without them. My friend Kelly Birdwell highly recommended one that she bought from mimi Maternity shop. She is a Doctor and is on her feet a lot. I went on Saturday to get fitted for one and as soon as the lady put it on me, I almost cried! It was the most relief I've felt in a while! I think with this baby I'm carrying completely different then with Madelyn. Also this kid is SO low!(Madelyn stayed under my ribs) Every time I would pull that muscle his little feet were right there pushing against it! (OUCH!) I can actually push his feet away from it only for him to push right back a few mins. after!
Here is a picture of the belly band!....I know, I know...It looks like I've been hired to work for a moving company, but it's the best $42.00 I've EVER spent! side note~I don't have to go to the potty as often anymore! It picks baby right off of my bladder!~Can't be seen under most clothes!~Pretty comfy considering!~I'm a little scared about getting really hot in it this summer though! (Yuck!)
2 comments:
Murrrrrphy!!! She's sooo cute! I love her to bits and pieces!!
Okay, I SO agree with Allison! That video is super duper cute! Sweet Mott :)
Post a Comment