I am exactly 10 weeks pregnant today when we went to our appointment with Dr. Draughn. Words can not explain how super excited I was to hear our baby's heartbeat. It was SO sweet!
(I must admit...I shed a few tears...) Everything looks great though! On the way out of the door, Madelyn turned to Dr. Draughn and said the cutest thing:
"Thank you Doctor...Thank you Baby Heartbeep!" He started laughing and so did the nurses!! He turned to her her and said "Your Welcome Madelyn!" I'm still not sure what made her say that, but it was precious! She still calls it a heartbeep.
26.4% of the way there!Though Baby Ivey' barely the size of a kumquat— a little over an inch or so long, crown to bottom — and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce, your baby has now completed the most critical portion of his development. This is the beginning of the so-called fetal period, a time when the tissues and organs in his body rapidly grow and mature.
It's swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm. Vital organs — including his kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver (now making red blood cells in place of the disappearing yolk sac) — are in place and starting to function, though they'll continue to develop throughout your pregnancy.
If you could take a peek inside, you'd spot minute details, like tiny nails forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on tender skin.



2 comments:
congratulations, natalie! what a blessing!
I've been thinking about you. Can't wait to read updates. Glad everything is going well!!
Post a Comment