Monday, March 2, 2009

What am I to Do? There is a monkey running lose in my house!"

I was on the phone with my sister(Allison) and Maddie walks in and says to me
"bubbles..my hair!" I can smell immediately what she has gotten into. I walk into the bathroom where there is a large pool of children shampoo!
So...I put her in the tub for an early bath...and the floor got a good scrub!
She likes to pull out all of her wipes and was eating on her lotion..

She is almost always getting into something...even NASTY stuff! Don't worry, she took a major bath after this little stunt!
We have found that she is not scared of heights(unlike her mother). She can slide the chairs out from underneath the table and climb into the chair and hop right onto the table. Bit of a problem solver too!
(notice she has HER sippy cup right beside her...but nope! she wants our drink.) tea is better tasting then juice..
I heard Maddie hollering "HELP" "HELP!" I walked into find her sitting in top of her sink! It could have easily tipped over! I had a talk with her...I hope it sticks! As of this past week Shane and I have started "Time-Out". It is going ok...we keep her there as long as she is in years old... so right now just 1 minute.(it's a long time for a toddler!)

We call her "Madelyn the Monkey" for a reason!
I told Shane, (in a not so joking around way) that we need to know the quickest way to the emergency room at the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital...just in case...Both Shane and I averaged once to twice a year in the ER as kids...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

The female version of her cousin Sam...I'm sorry Natalie. I know the life and pray for you daily. Seriously...