skip to main |
skip to sidebar
My college friend, Meagan Lokey, grew up in Crieve Hall. She says that one of her best memories is going to the Molasses Festival every fall at the Agricultural Center..We decided to take Madelyn. She LOVED all the animals!! All we heard coming out of her mouth was "Moo" "Hee" "Oink" "Quack" "Baaa"!! and everything thing else that she did not know the sound for was "Woof"! She even knows "Bzzz"..which she said when we got to the bees! The weather was PERFECT. We just walked there from our house which was fun. They had so many things to see! There were blacksmiths, carpenters building chairs using 100 year old methods. There were also dulcimers, pottery, corn shuck dolls, spinning wheels, soap making, candle dipping, basket weaving, broom making, bread making, blue grass music, etc!!
You could try milking a goat...(I would have loved to but there were too many people!)
The little alpacas were SO cute and soft! They had a table display of garments their owners make with their fur.
Making Molasses..I did not realize how HUGE a mule is!The sorghum molasses was very good..Madelyn had a little taste and said it was "good, good!"
Maddie loved the Goose! That goose was not shy at all. He was nibbling on Madelyn and Shane!
She would say "Hee" for the donkey! We tried telling her he says "He Hun"
Making horse shoes.
Petting the Sheep.
LOVELY!
I had to post this picture..It was too funny!!
Wagon Rides
Sheering a sheep!
Huge pot-bellied pig!
Shane HAD to have a fried pie! Madelyn ate it too!
Shane said he wants a suit like his..I said I want to dog and sheep like his!We agreed.."Lets move to Ireland!"
Watching the sheep herder with his Border Collie was awesome!This was the neatest thing I've ever seen! It's amazing how the dog can distinguish the different pitches in the whistles!
Sweet Girl! 
Showing us how to load the gun with powder.I shook a little cause it was so loud!
Making the backs for a chair.We had such a great time!! We will definitely make this a yearly tradition!!
1 comments:
I'm glad yall had fun!! It makes me miss Nashville. ~Meaghan
Post a Comment