This was the title for todays Summer Saturday. Every Saturday in the summer the Tennessee Agricultural Center(one mile from our house) has a different theme for children to learn about and experience. It's very "hands on". This was our first time to go and Madelyn liked it! The weather is strangely cool so we thought we should go check it out! We sampled different apples from the orchard, learned how too make apple pomander, and Maddie also finger painted green, yellow, and red apples onto a picture of a bare apple tree. The TAC also has an extensive collection of home and farm artifacts from the 19th and early 20th centuries to look at. We also visited an observation bee hive where we saw the queen and her workers (she was marked with a pink dot).
Afterwards we walked into the stables to see the police horses. Downtown Nashville has policemen that ride the horse. They are kept at the agricultural center until it's working time. We petted one today named "Peace".


This is a steam engine.
Afterwards we walked into the stables to see the police horses. Downtown Nashville has policemen that ride the horse. They are kept at the agricultural center until it's working time. We petted one today named "Peace".



2 comments:
I love the pics with the horsie!
Y'all have such unique things to do there in TN.
Also, I LOVED your "I love you forever" post. I needed to read that after the day we've had today.
Your little girl is precious.
Post a Comment