Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A very Crummy Feb.....

What a crummy February for the Ivey crew! 
A little before Shane's birthday I started feeling extremely tired/ fatigued! I kept telling Shane that "something is definitely wrong with me"! I couldn't make it through the day without one if not TWO naps! I would lay Murphy down for his naps and I would collapse on my bed and sleep until he awoke! Typically I would pick up and clean our home during his nap times. This also means that I really didn't get much done in cleaning! I felt SO bad that Shane would go to work ALL day then come home to cook and clean:(  I really had ZERO energy! I was thinking my B12 was a little off because I also felt really foggy headed. I couldn't remember things that I knew I should know! My sisters and dad are all B12 deficient....which led me to believe that maybe this is why I couldn't make it though 5 hrs without having to sit down and rest! 

I had an annual doctor visit with my OBGYN on Feb. 5. I talked to him about being so tired. He requested blood testing me for glucose, thyroid & iron. Three days later they all came back normal!  He told me that if this happened to make an appointment with my general practitioner. I went on the Feb 16 to get more blood work done. They tested blood counts, B12, mono, and 3 others I can't even remember them;) Three days later, nurse calls me and says that I am B12 deficient and will need to take shots. She then says that I tested positive for mono and that I needed to get my family tested....great... So off to CVS we go! All three tested negative! (Thank GOD!) 

There is absolutely nothing I can take for mono EXCEPT rest....but what mother of two VERY busy young children has time for this?! The catch is...the more you rest, the faster mono leaves your body... My very sweet and loving mother-in-law jumped into action and brought our family food and helped take care of Madelyn. My mother drove up on Wed the 18 to help me get our house back into working order, cook and let me rest. One of those days I went to bed at 8:30 at night and woke up the following day at 1:30 pm!!!! Crazy! I haven't slept past 9:00 in like 5 years! I am so incredibly thankful for my mom coming up here! Really...I jokingly told Shane that our house should be condemned and the Department Childrens Services might taking our kids because IT had been THAT long since I could REALLY clean! We're making it though;)
I started B12 shots (Feb.27)! My sweet friend, Sarah Ezell, came over to our house so that she could instruct Shane on how to administer the shots! OUCH! She did the first one....We'll see what happens on the next!

0 comments: