WOW! I've never seen anything like this in my entire life! There are literally millions of cicadas in our yard! They've been here for three weeks now! They're very loud! In fact Nino got out of her car the other day and said "Is that an alarm going off?!" nope...It's the cicadas! They are leaving their shells everywhere! Last week I could not go outside without one flying on me!
(I love Maddie's look on this picture!)
From what I've heard on the news, these are the 13 year cicadas! They were last seen May 1998! I was talking to my friend, Sloan Burton, who grew up in Nashville. I asked him if he remembered the cicadas as a kid! He said yep, he sure does!
Maddie has become quite fond of them!..She picks them up by their wings! That's my girl!
Our area (Crieve Hall) has especially been hit by these loud bugs! Mainly because our area was built on farm land....or at least this is what my elderly neighbor told me;)
Shane and I were in the kitchen. Maddie comes running in screaming that there is a cicada in the house and that Murphy is after it! I grabbed my camera!....
So the question is.....If Murphy eats one...will it emerge in 13 years?! HA!



1 comments:
Heebie Jeebies!!!!!
Post a Comment