Thursday, November 12, 2009

"I ain't gettin nothing for Christmas, Mommy and Daddy are mad!"

So...The other day Madelyn walks into the den where I am picking up toys. She comes up to me and says "Mommy, I color bed, Show me mommy, show me"
(the "show me" part means let me show you!) I saw in her hand that she had a pen and a red sharpie. She takes me into my bedroom where she has sharpied all over my sheet, fitted sheet, pillow cases, and worst of all...my matelasse!!!I look down at her to see her smiling really big like "don't you love my artwork mommy!?!"All I could say was "O-No Maddie, What did you DO!" I did not intend for her to answer but she said "I color bed Mommy!" On top of coloring my bed she also thought her own little body needed art work. She colored her hand, her feet, and her new pjs! I called for Shane to come take a look. I went and put her in her room while I striped the bed to see what I could do to treat it. Look all over the Internet to see what pulls sharpie out...well pretty much nothing does. The only thing I really cared about was my matelasse. To be completely honest, I have NO clue where she found the sharpie. I did not even know we owned one!!! I had a little talk about where she could draw and where she couldn't. Lesson Learned...put up all writing utensils and keep and eye on busy little two year olds!

1 comments:

andreabrosto said...

Oh no!!! That's terrible! I'm sure it made it even harder to be mad about it when she was so proud of her artwork!