Monday, September 1, 2008

August Visit in Mississippi

Madelyn and I went down to MS for a week to help out with my nephews while my sister was getting an IV treatment. We left on Sunday from Nashville, spent the night with my parents then Monday morning Maddie and I headed to Jackson to spend the night with Mema and Dondi. We had so much fun with them. It was good to catch up with Aunt Lori and Katie and her sweet little girl, Kayden! It was my first time to meet Little Miss Kayden! We walked around the new shopping area in Madison and ate some yummy places! Monday after diner we took Madelyn to an area at the Renaissance Center to play in the water. She had sooo much fun! 

Dondi trying to convince Madelyn  that it was ok to play.
...Just a little nudge did the trick!


They also changed colors!


Lauren went into the hospital on Monday to receive IVIG. The doctor also ordered a spinal tap where they found an excess of protein in the spinal fluid which helped them to confirm that she has an autoimmune disease called CIDP (Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy) She will receive the IVIG periodically. Our hopes are that this treatment will slow down the nerve damage or stop it completely. She was discharged on Thursday afternoon....their boys were ready to see them!
Sam and Sophie playing.
Madelyn LOVED this horse!! She would ride and bounce all day if I let her!
Little "Tap", Chap!
Ride em Mississippi State Cowboy!...Sam will not take his jersey off!
On Saturday Lauren, Chivas, Sam and Chap came up to Nashville to visit for a couple of days. We had too much fun! We got to take them to a few of our favorite restaurants. (minus the Waffle House)....We went down town to eat at the Pancake Pantry...an hour wait!! So we rode out to the Loveless Cafe.....1 hour 45 min wait!!! so we went to the waffle house!!!

While they were her we also took so photos which I will post soon.. They're very pretty!!!

1 comments:

andreabrosto said...

Maddie is just getting so big, and she has the prettiest little face! Your sister looks so good--I'm glad they were able to come visit! I'll definitely keep her in my prayers!